Catona Climate is a Company Built on Trust
Please read this Policy carefully to understand what we do. This Policy also incorporates notices and disclosures as required under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"). The CCPA addresses changes in technology, data practices, and privacy concerns by establishing rules and procedures to help empower consumers to control how businesses collect, use, and share personal information. The CCPA grants California consumers robust data privacy rights and controls over their personal information, including notice of this Policy and Catona Climate’s data practices, the right to delete, the right to opt-in and opt-out of data selling practices, as well as additional protections for minors.
If you have any questions or if you believe that Catona Climate has not upheld our obligations to you under this Policy, please contact us directly at CarbonSupport@catona.com.
Catona Climate collects your personal information in the following ways: (1) when you voluntarily provide it by using or visiting our Services; and, (2) with automated technologies connected to those Services, and (3) through third parties.
The CCPA broadly defines “Personal Information” as any information that directly or indirectly identifies, describes, relates to, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or, can reasonably link a particular consumer or household.
Over the past twelve (12) months, Catona Climate’s direct and indirect collection of Personal Information has fallen into the following categories, although we may not gather, use, or share every specific piece of Personal Information from every visitor to our website:
- Identifiers: Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, or other similar identifiers;
- Commercial Information: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, transacted, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Customer Contact Information: Records of chats conversations, call logs, request queries, and email communications;
- Internet and Network Activity Information: Browsing history, search history, cookies, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement;
- Geolocation and Household data;
- Inferences and meta-data drawn from providing Services to you, reflecting your preferences, characteristics, and trends.
Information Catona Climate collects from Third Parties about you
Cookies and Automated Technologies
to recognize you as a user;
to verify your identity;
to tailor your experience;
to better your experience;
to market our Services;
to monitor our Services;
to improve our Services;
to analyze patterns;
to conduct internal research; and,
for other legitimate business needs.
If your browser is set to reject Cookies, you may continue to use our Services, but some aspects of the Service may not function as intended and other Services may be limited. Other third-party data sharing services will be described below.
If we combine any non-personally identifiable information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
As part of our relationship, Catona Climate may from time to time produce, compile, or aggregate some of your Personal Information in certain data analysis, reports, or other interpretations or inferences of user trends and patterns for both internal and external purposes. When including, compiling, or aggregating Personal Information for such purposes, we make sure that the information is anonymized such that it is not identifiable to any particular customer.
We will only share Personal Information with third parties as described in this Policy, for any purpose to which you consent or direct, or as required by law. In order for you to receive our Services.
Affiliate providers may include, but are not limited to, fund accountants and accounting firms, security custodians, asset transfer agents, business associates, subcontractors, commercial and transactional processors, merchants, and client selected charities.
In the preceding twelve months, Catona Climate has not sold to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration any Personal or Sensitive Personal Information.
The CCPA restricts Affiliates from reselling your Personal Information unless you’ve been provided notice and an opportunity to opt-out.
We may also share your Personal Information with relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, stock, or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
While you are using or visiting our Services, we may use and share information collected to target-market interests within or outside the scope of our Services in order to better tailor your experience. This may include Affiliates in order to facilitate our relationships and advertise our Services.
When engaging in targeting marketing, Catona Climate follows standard principles for online advertising as provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). If you do not wish to receive such targeted advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page at networkadvertising.org/choices, the DAA Consumer Choice page at aboutads.info/consumers, or visit the websites of our advertising affiliates to opt-out. To opt out in mobile apps, please download the DAA's AppChoices tool at aboutads.info/appchoices. (This will not prevent you from seeing ads; the ads simply will not be delivered through these targeting methods.)
Our Services do not necessarily respond to “do not track” applications.
Security is at the heart of everything we do. Catona Climate works to provide a secure online environment, protect your personal information and empower you to safeguard your account. We have diligently implemented reasonable systems to protect your data and our assets. We store and maintain data with physical, administrative, and electronic safeguards that comply with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Access Controls: We limit access to user data to the extent possible to those necessary employees in order to provide you with our Services. Our buildings are secure, our employees trained, and our servers encrypted.
- Technical Safeguards: We authenticate access through passwords, multi-factor authentication, security measures, and IT controls. Our Affiliates are held accountable for adhering to strict policies and procedures to prevent any misuse or loss of your Personal Information. Our network infrastructure enforces security at each level with strict routing, firewalls and controlled access. We use industry-standard encryption to ensure your personal information is protected when it is sent to and from our website or app, and when it's stored.
- Ongoing Commitment: Catona Climate’s workforce is required to attend annual training on cybersecurity risks and privacy best practices. When we periodically audit our systems and Affiliate systems, we may share your Personal Information with Affiliates in order to better secure our Services and business assets.
We use our reasonable best efforts to protect Personal Information, however no method of transmission or method of data storage is 100% secure. Despite our reasonable best efforts, we cannot assure that Personal Information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy. If you see any unrecognized or fraudulent activity in your account, please contact Catona Climate Security immediately at CarbonSupport@catona.com.
Catona Climate maintains Personal Information to provide you with our Services and for legitimate business needs.
Catona Climate may delete Personal Information after its legitimate business need has passed, in accordance with law or regulation, or by your request (if your request to delete information conflicts with a legal or regulatory requirement to retain information, you may be notified).
Incidents and Breaches
Cyberattacks, hacks, breaches, and incidental losses of Personal Information, business assets, and computer systems are increasingly common. These attacks can be extremely damaging, particularly if Personal Information or business records have been compromised. Incidents cost companies and consumers time and money.
In the event of a Breach, Catona Climate has implemented an incident response plan as required by law and regulation to document process, mitigate damage, and to notify consumers of remedial resources. Catona Climate has implemented California Code requirements for data breach notifications.
The CCPA grants consumers enhanced data rights regarding their Personal Information. Catona Climate has implemented CCPA requirements across our business and have extended protections to all of our US-based customers.
- Right to Access: You have the right to access collected, used, shared, and/or sold Personal Information over the past twelve (12) month period. This includes certain data portability rights.
Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of and/or opt-in to Catona Climate’s future data selling practices, but only to the extent that can be done while still providing you with our Services. Under the CCPA, Catona Climate has implemented reasonable restrictions on Affiliates’ data sharing and selling practices.
- Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Information sales at any time by contacting us.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that Catona Climate delete any Personal Information that we have collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions, including information needed:
- to provide you Services;
- to detect data breaches;
- to protect our Services and business assets; and,
- to comply with applicable federal and state laws, court orders, legal obligations, and regulatory requirements, including the CCPA.
- Right to Fair and Equal Treatment: You have the right to have your Personal Information be fairly and equally treated. Catona Climate cannot discriminate against consumers on the basis or inference of any protected class or against consumers who have exercised their rights under this Policy.
If you have questions about any of your data rights or Catona Climate’s obligations, including accessing your Personal Information, opting-out of certain practices, and/or requesting Personal Information be deleted, please send us an email at CarbonSupport@catona.com. Catona Climate endeavors to respond to requests within forty-five (45) days of receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Catona Climate’s Services are not directed toward anyone under the age of 18. We will endeavor to delete personally identifiable information provided by minor children without their parent’s or guardian’s consent upon notification by said parent or guardian in a time and manner that is commercially reasonable. Any such notification should be sent to CarbonSupport@catona.com.
Catona Climate will not change our data collection, use, or sharing policies and practices for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without first providing notice.